Sunday 15 March 2009

Change the Heredity of My Family (6' speech)

Ladies and gentlemen,good evening!
It was a pity that I didn't finish my presentation in one minute last time.But I've told you what character I am actually. No matter what shortcomings I have, I believe all the members here could help me sincerely to grow up the abilities I need.
Why I am so eager to improve myself? Honestly, I'm ambitious. And the other reason is that I'd like to change some heredities that my parents pass to me. You know, the genes inside everybody passed by their old generations, their ancestors.
I was born in a common chaozhou family. As many Chinese know,chaozhou people are good at doing bussiness very much. Maybe it's ture except my family. When I was young, my father actually did some bussiness. However he lost all his money because not open-minded.
At that time,I was about to graduate from high school. But my family was too poor to send me to university. Fortunetely,my uncle lent us money so that I could continue and finish learning in the university.
Then my mother, a very kind-hearted and very cute lady.She's lucky because she's the only daugther in her family and she have 5 brothers who cares about her and love her very much. Everybody said it was so kind of my mother when they first met her because her sweet smile and kind reception. But actually she was so tough, powerful-minded that she wanted to control everyone in my family, perticularly my father. No matter what things we did, my father, my brother and I must listen and follow her suggestions. If we didn't, she would insist on us doing so by all means.
I always thought no open-mind maybe was half a reason for my father's failure, then my mother must contributed the other half.
Back to now, I married three years ago.And my brother is also going to marry in this year. Everytime when my husband told me I was saying the same words as our mother said, and when my brother told me no murmur like our father, I paused into thinking and promise them not to do it again.
Because I didn't want the same failure to happen again among us. Though there are many failures still ahead in our lives, we must learn how to take the advantage of the failures we made, before and even our parents, the old generations, the acestors made. Therefore, we could avoid taking the mistakes again and agian.We could lead a better life and make a more successful career with our efforts.
And I believe I could be a woman that contribute to my family and our society better with your help!

No comments: